Just when we feel like we have wrapped our heads around Jeremy being the donor we got some news today.
I had called Ryman’s coordinator today and she gave us some information that we hadn’t heard yet. So upon calling the living donor coordinator Jeremy was told that Ryman is not quite big enough to recieve the portion of his liver yet. It’s not that they just want her bigger, it’s that they would not physically be able to fit the portion of his liver they need into her. They would need her to be between 8-10 kilos. She is currently 5.4 kilos. So we have some time between now and then. So we wait. We will still be awaiting a call for a cadavier liver in the mean time but it’s look like it could be 2 months or more before Ryman is big enough to recieve Jermey’s liver. So that door isn’t closed it just isn’t as open as we thought it was. We should find out tomorrow what the plan will be until then. Will we stay in the hospital until we either get the call or she is big enough to recieve a portion of Jeremy’s liver? Or will we get discharged and stay with Julie and Corey?
Jeremy was pretty bummed because we had just gotten to the point of having processed everything and were thinking things could move forward in a week or two. The wait continues, maybe God is trying to teach us a lesson in patience.
God, we will wait, We pray that Ryman stays healthy until that time comes. Thank you all so much for your love, support and prayers during this crazy time.
Much love, Brandy